Day By Day 03/11/2021 ~ The Yellow Brick Road

"Sometimes the road just stops."

The Life & Times Of Brian Waddington

 

The Yellow Brick Road in macro
The Yellow Brick Road

No slide show. No audio. Not even a short video. But it's one heck of an image. 

The other day I did a shoot of a pretty pink bunch of blossoms. Took a lot of shots and got what I thought was a lot of nothing. But I trashed very few of the nothing. I know that's an odd sentence but I'm in an odd mood.

Tonight I found this beauty hiding amongst the nothing. Reminds me of the Wizard of Oz. Dorothy found a Yellow Brick Road that led to the Emerald City. 

Many others aren't so lucky. Often the bricks just stop. That in and of itself isn't a bad deal. 

There was a time M'Lady and I took a trip down the bricks. First a jeepney. Next came a bus. Then onto a habalhable which we got off of when the road stopped. 

Luckily the end of the road was where the small community we were headed to was located.

But other times we've unexpectedly come upon the end of the road. We found trouble right there in River City. Nothing we couldn't get out of but there were times that it was touch and go.

Which is not to say stay off the Yellow Brick  Road. Just remind yourself as you step onto it that there's never a guaranty that it will take you where you want to go.

Brian

Comments

Popular Posts