The Winter Of My Life 03/10/2021 Day By Day

the dges are a dangerous place to live
On The Edge


Day by day is how I try to take things now. Yesterday it was just a pair of shorts and flip flops. Today it’s shorts, shirt, flip flops and a blanket over my legs to keep my knees warm. Yesterday it was three walks (short ones) some good photography and cooking. This morning I apparently looked like death incarnate. I know that’s how I felt. This evening I’m good enough to work on my images and to put out this presentation soon to be embedded in my blog, Waddington’s Winter


Todays image comes from the same shoot as yesterdays. Same shoot, different lighting and a different perspective. Before M.S. made using sharp objects a losing proposition, I did a bit of carving. Like many carvers I eventually realized that first and foremost I needed to see what was hidden within the wood. After that it was just a question of slicing off the excess. Photography is a little bit different. I still have to see what is already there. But then I have to not only slice away the excess but I also need to add in the missing. 


The technical term is ‘post processing’. The common term is photoshopping. Some don’t do any, some do a lot. I’m moving into the ‘do a lot’ crowd. That being said click on the slide show to see my two newest images;   


In The Distance and On The Edge

 

Brian

Comments

Popular Posts