2 Days before Christmas ~ Shorts Flip Flops And Chasing Snakes

2 Days before Christmas ~ Shorts Flip Flops And Chasing Snakes
Myra's Christmas Tree

 I had just finished feeding the fish and geese and was returning to the house with a beautiful, large and soon to be tasty egg when I noticed Myra thumping on the floor and yelling shoo.

Being curious I asked why? There was a gorgeous green snake in the flower pots on the patio wall. Being nobodies fool I sized up the situation and decided on the sneaky umbrella defense. I got close and opened the brolly. Snake took off. 

Back  to the garden I went to pollinate a squash. Back to the house where I cleaned the goose egg and went outside to dispose of the water. The snake had returned. I think he, or she, was attracted by the egg shells we use to compost the plants on the wall. This time I used plan B and threw the water at him. He left. I moved the plants and he hasn't returned.

Back into the house. Myra getting cleaned up to go to town and I started baking some bread.

The rest of the day will come with it's own surprises.

Merry Christmas.    

Brian and Myra

PS; over here it's shorts and flip flops weather and I' m not missing the snow!

Comments

Popular Posts