Distribution: Thats Where The Problem Lies

 `The thief doth not come, except that he may steal, and kill, and destroy; I came that they may have life, and may have [it] abundantly'. (John 10:10, Youngs Literal Translation)

`The thief doth not come, except that he may steal, and kill, and destroy; I came that they may have life, and may have [it] abundantly'. (John 1:10, Youngs Literal Translation)
Supply isn't the Problem. Greed Is the Problem

Greed is, or as a Buddhist might put it, Improper Desire is, the root of all evil.

I do spend a lot of time exploring (via the web) the world we have created. I have come to one simple explanation for all of humanities problems.

Too many of us want to control what we have no right to control.

Explore any of today's problems and you will find that someone or group wants what someone else or some other group has. That's just good old-fashioned greed, aka improper desire.

Here I may disappoint, for I cannot offer a new and brilliant solution. All I, or indeed any honest person can do, is suggest you take to heart the message of the old Wisdom Texts.
Do Justice, Offer Mercy, Walk Humbly

If we will all follow the old wisdom, even in today's overcrowded world there will be no starving children.

The Green Man 

Comments

Popular Posts