I Promised M'lady I'd Listen To My Body

Today when I got onto our exercise bike my body said, 'not today my friend'. So, 20 minutes instead of an hour and for the rest of the day I'll be at the computer or hobbling around the garden with my canes and our dogs. 


Today when I got onto our exercise bike my body said, 'not today my friend'. So, 20 minutes instead of an hour and for the rest of the day I'll be at the computer or hobbling around the garden with my canes and our dogs.
Reality Cheque

The first time this happened was in the weight room at Simon Fraser University. At that time, I didn't know that I had Multiple Sclerosis. To suddenly and unexpectedly lose 2/3 or more of my strength was not only puzzling but also outright scary.

Forty years later it is still a tad scary but no longer unexpected. Which is why when we bought the exercise bike, I promised M'lady I'd listen to my body. M.S. has become an old friend and when old friends talk it pays to listen.

The Green Man

Comments

Popular Posts