(UPDATE) If It Is Possible To Have A Long-term Plan At 72 Then I Have One

 On October 15, 2023, we bought an exercise bicycle. I wouldn't say that I ride it religiously (after all it is stationary, and it won't get me to heaven), but I do use it with both vigor and regularity.

On October 15, 2023, we bought an exercise bicycle. I wouldn't say that I ride it religiously (after all it is stationary, and it won't get me to heaven), but I do use it with both vigor and regularity.
I know, it's not lifelike. But I do exercise on our patio in a tropical vegetable garden.
My long range plan, such as it is, involves fresh garden produce, bike 'tension' set to max and in one hour a burn of between 600 and 1,000 calories.

In 3 1/2 months I've moved up to 6 out of 8 for tension (I started at 3) one hour's endurance and I'm getting close to 500 calories.

My incentive is to build muscle and endurance while shedding fat that an arthritic, diabetic, M.S., hyper-tension old man shouldn't be packing so that I may live a better life for my remaining minutes, hours, days... years.

The fresh foods from the garden is coming along nicely. Beans (three types), tomatoes, different leafy greens, hot peppers, snake gourds and if we want them some very pretty edible flowers. 

I'm up to 600+ calories on a good workout day. Though I've done it with endurance rather than speed.

All things considered I'm happy with the progress. 

The Green Man

Comments

Popular Posts