After More Than A Decade On The North Coast Of British Columbia Canada I Appreciate Fog

 The Fog of War is the trickiest fog to move safely through.

lighthouse keeper, deckhand, pastor in a small coastal village, two small boats of my own. I have an appreciation of fog.
Truth Is Somewhere Out There

 I have damn few direct line of sight understandings of the Zionist / Hamas war. 

But I am confident about the following;

  1. on Oct 7, 2023 Hamas coordinated a terror attack on Israel.
  2. around 1,500 Israelis and a small number of foreigners were killed. 
  3. around 250 people were taken hostage.
  4. the terrorists were vicious, brutal, and in some cases were outright animals.
  5. the intent was to goad Israel into an over-the-top reaction.
  6. The Israeli/Zionist response has killed nearly 30,000 Palestinians 2/3rds of whom were women and children. Viciously, brutally and in some cases in a sickly animalistic way.
  7. around 80,000 Palestinian men, women and children have been wounded.
  8. give or take, 1,200,000 Palestinians have been herded into Rafah.
  9. about 60/70% of the Gaza infrastructure has been destroyed.
It seems to me that the Israeli/Zionist response has been and continues to be way over the top and Hamas, at a horrifying cost has won this round. 

But now the Fog of War thickens. I have no idea if the Zionist/ Israeli response will continue on as it has been for the last 4+ months. Will there be a true peace in the future or merely another pause while all sides rearm? Will there be a misstep by one of the players that results in the Middle East exploding? I have no insights.

However, common sense tells me, that if Iran and America made a joint declaration of no more money, no more weapons and no more bullets this war would quickly quit killing people. 

Common sense also tells me that even if this was to happen there is still little hope of a true peace being the result. But I live in hope that the people of good will who have the power and the influence to make the needed changes will find the ways to create True Peace.

The Green Man

Comments

From Chaos To Refuge To Chaos

🔥 Current Featured Series 🔥

From Chaos To Refuge To Chaos