Mating Atlas Moths (exceptionally rare capture) (update: how I first post processed the image)

The Original Post Processing:

I first took this shot 2 years ago. My post processing skills have improved and my software has changed.
The original

 The New Version:

Atlas moths are few and far between. A mating pair how much rarer?
Mating Atlas Moths


Atlas moths are few and far between. A mating pair how much rarer? Two years ago these two were mating in a drainage canal in front of our house. I crawled down into the canal and started clicking. It would have been a better shoot with a better lens and lighting but I'll take what I got any day. Enjoy!

ISO 3200 ~ Shutter Speed 1/30s ~ F/16 ~ Exposure Compensation -0.7 ~ Natural Light
Sony Alpha a58 ~ Tamron 90mm 272E
Phase 1 Capture 1 v11

Brian

Comments

Popular Posts