At Cambridge In Colour There Is Some Puzzlement Over How I Do What I Do

I believe that Exposure stacking creates a deeper richer shot. Some people don't believe that it is possible. It was suggested that I take one reasonably exposed shot and make six copies. Then to apply six exposure compensations, three up and three down. Stack them in Fiji and see how the stacked and the single shot compare. Seemed like a good idea to me.

But a better idea with an edition. My original shot had all the exposure compensation to the minus side. Which means I have also included a pure minus side shot.

Here they are: Shot #1 is the base shot, #2 is the balanced stack shot and #3 is the all minus stack. Do you see a difference in any or all of the shots? Click to view full size.

This is the base shot. Reasonably exposed and looking good.























This shot is a seven shot exposure stack. Balanced plus and minus compensation


A seven shot exposure shot with all of the exposure compensation to the minus side.
To my old man's eyes both of the stacked shots appear to have richer, deeper and darker colors than the base shot.

To my way of thinking this conclusively proves that exposure stacking gives a very different shot than can be gotten with a single shot.

Brian

Comments

Popular Posts