It's Complicated

 Out of intense complexities, intense simplicities emerge.     Winston Churchill

Alphonso family in an antique jar.
It's Complicated

Diabetes, Hypertension, Degenerative Arthritis and Multiple Sclerosis all react differently to food. Each one has their own eat and do not eat lists. M.S. likes copious quantities of strong coffee. Hypertension doesn't like fatty meats. To help control the hunger associated with Diabetes eat fatty meats. Degenerative Arthritis hates beans of all sorts. Hypertension likes beans as a fatty meat replacement. 

I have all of the aforementioned diseases. I also need to lose some serious weight. You see the problem? Thankfully I have found my solution. I say 'my solution' because for me it works. For others? Maybe yes. Maybe no.

Lots of coffee, lots of reasonably lean meat, minimal carbs, no beans, reasonable amounts of cheese and tomato sandwiches. No snacking. A daily fast of at least fourteen hours.

Weight is going down. Blood sugar resides between 90 and 110 most days.   Degenerative Arthritis isn't overly painful most days. M.S. continues it's slow slide. No stroke or heart attack so Hypertension is okay.

A simple solution that is indeed intense.

Brian

Comments

Popular Posts