Out Of The Mist

Time drops in decay 

Like a candle burnt out 

And the mountains and wood's 

Have their day have their day 

But kindly old rout 

Of the fire born moods 

You pass not away 

The Celtic Twilight, Yeats

We all move within a mist that hides our truths.

For years I ran away from middle class Canada. Eventually my running led me to a small Indian village. I found myself being trained to be a United Church of Canada Village Lepled on Canada's west coast. Desire for village and clan awoke in my breast. 

I had found my spiritual roots.

All living things must change. Eventually my time in the village ended. Once again my spirit rode through the mist and fire in search of a home. In time with M'Lady's help a new home was created. Not with clan and village but with great love on the side of a slumbering volcano.  A place where in time we would find sacredness and peace. 

Not a bad place to find in the winter of your life.

Brian 

Comments

Popular Posts