A Little Bit Of Our Back Yard

I have learned to resist everything except temptation. 
The Life And Times Of Brian Waddington 
 

And away we go. Between helping to look after Rusty (our now eight week old Black & Rust Doberman) and my lousy eyesight I haven't had my camera out for a while. But today our yard worker started to beautify a new part of the garden. It was too tempting. Out comes the Sony Alpha a68 with the 90mm Tamron 272E macro lens and it's popcorn time.

Admittedly it doesn't look like much right now. Come Pasco (Christmas) it could well be a mass of different blossoms, colors and scents.

Lest you forget... I'll still be in shorts and maybe a T-shirt while those of you who happen to live in the Great White North are going to be huddling near your fire places and wearing layered clothing.
 
I have learned to resist everything except temptation.  The Life And Times Of Brian Waddington
A few years back
In the video I talk about 'Sexy Pink' blossoms. I just did a quick check and lo and behold there's an old shot of one in the files. 
This is not a very good shot. However, it does show the colors and the size. Though admittedly this isn't a particularly large blossom. I'll try to get a better shot by December.

Just in case anyone is wondering, we are also doing a major remake of the rest of our garden. 

(1) Our fruit trees have grown so high that harvesting the fruit is dangerous. Plus they block out a lot of sunlight. Hmmm, I suppose that should have been in the past tense. Many of our trees are undergoing some serious trimming. The equivalent of a crew cut. We won't be getting much fruit for a few years but now that we have penned in the geese we will have grass and flowers galore.  

(2) There are plans afoot to create an exercise track for Rusty. He loves to chase my scooter so all that we need to do is make a short race course and Rusty will be getting all the exercise he needs. Our stone pathways will be a good starting point. 

(3) Only the muses know what else is coming down the tracks and right now they are being silent. But talking about tracks: If we had the money I'd sure enjoy putting in a miniature railroad. I do believe that I'd look right at home sitting in the engine. Maybe a coal fired late 1800's model?  

And that's all for now.
Brian





Comments

Popular Posts