At 17 Bulletproof At 70 Seriously Prudent (and even that's not always enough)

Before you empty your last clip make sure you got a rock in your pocket.

The life And Times Of Brian Waddington


Before you empty your last clip make sure you got a rock in your pocket.      The life And Times Of Brian Waddington
What do I feed Cooper after the papaya?

As you can tell from the time stamp this shot was taken in 2010 and as you may well guess it wasn't taken by me. M'Lady took this shot of me sharing my fresh papaya with our Red Doberman who went by the name of Cooper. The question that was running through my mind as she pushed the shutter was;

"what do I feed him next"

Which quite nicely brings me to today's report on the Life And Times Of Brian Waddington. For those who shock easily... go find something else to do. For those who don't... read on.

The night before I was feeling a whole bunch dizzy. It's never a really prudent idea to shower when standing upright is a problem. As I hadn't cleaned out the septic tank or even worked up a sweat I decided to shower in the morning. When I woke up I felt okay. The world wasn't spinning and the legs were almost steady which is as good as it gets for me.

Still and all prudent is always a good deal when you have as many diseases as I do. So into the bathroom came my walker for when I got out of the shower. Who wants to slip and break a leg when it's easier to have a walker ready to sit down in? I already had the shower stall floor covered in non slip mats and there is even a fold-able patio chair so I can shower sitting down. 

All went well till it was time to put the chair away, stand up and wash the body parts that can't be washed sitting down. It started as a 'what the hell?' feeling shortly aster I stood up. 

The world was spinning.

Then it quickly progressed to a whole new level. My knees started to give out. There was a cold blue feeling of utter exhaustion as they slowly but surely began to bend and I began to collapse. 

Then from nowhere I had ever been came  a scream that only I could hear. A scream entirely within. 

No one knew the trouble I was in. 

Thankfully we have a small shower stall and somehow I managed to brace myself and I didn't fall.

Slowly the knees came back to normal, the world stopped spinning and I straightened  up. That happened about nine hours ago and I'm still more than a little shaken. 

It's prudent to prepare for the worst so that when an even worse worst happens you have a chance of surviving. 

Brian


Comments

Popular Posts