The Trick Is Figuring Out What And When

Getting lost is not the same as being lost

The Life And Times Of Brian Waddington

A couple of days ago I fixed a leaky toilet. Today I baked two exceptionally good loaves of whole wheat bread using my own recipe and best guesses. 

Then I forgot to turn off the gas range. 

Tomorrow M'Lady goes to town; our helper will make sure I stay out of too much trouble. When the glazier called to say they were sending workers to fix some shoddy work tomorrow M'Lady told them Friday would be better. She didn't want to have me and the work crew doing things without her near by. 

She was right. I could do the equivalent of forgetting to turn the gas off with work crew and screw everything up.  

I don't know how Dementia affects others. I do know that for me it's not a straight line descent into limbo. It's like my Multiple Sclerosis. Good days. Bad days. Bloody awful days. 

I also know that it's hell on M'Lady. Some days it is all she can do to keep things together. 

Getting lost is not the same as being lost  The Life And Times Of Brian Waddington

Hard times. Scary times. 

Brian



Comments

Popular Posts