A Memory Like A Sponge Dipped In Water Colours

 Accepting the truth is needed. Only then can you awaken to the new possibilities.

The life And Times Of Brian Waddington


Accepting the truth is needed. Only then can you awaken to the new possibilities.      The life And Times Of Brian Waddington
A Memory Like A Sponge Dipped In Water Colours

This morning as I brushed my hair after my shower I  thought of someone. I couldn't decide if they were alive or dead. Asked M'Lady and she told me that she was dead. About two years dead. I took her word for it. 

Dementia has changed my memory into a true likeness of today's image. Nothing really sharp. Everything a touch grainy. Lots of nooks and crannies to hide things in. Slippery slopes galore. Nothing to hang on to.  

And there's nothing I can do about it!

I've quit getting angry over the decline.

I still cry over it. 

There are ways to compensate. 

I can find lots of interesting and challenging paths to walk along. 

All I have to do to have a full and rich life is to accept the dementia, as I accepted the M.S.. 

One day the Dementia will win. But not yesterday, nor today and hopefully not tomorrow. After tomorrow? I neither know nor care. It will be what it will be.

Brian



Comments

Popular Posts