From In And To The Unknown

 Doing it for someone else is better than doing it for yourself.

The Life And Times Of Brian Waddington


Doing it for someone else is better than doing it for yourself.      The Life And Times Of Brian Waddington
Dissolving Into The Midnight Darknes


Okay it is apparently time to be blunt. There are two primary reasons for this blog.

  1. It is marvellously  cathartic.
  2. A woman uses my meanderings about the onslaught of my Dementia to help her as she deals with her mothers progression.

I don't write out of self pity. I do write out of anger, confusion, hope and fear. So much for bluntness. Now into confusion, hope and fear.

Confusion

How are personalities formed. How stable might they be? Are they chiseled in granite by our actions and choices. Or are they moulded in play dough? These two questions matter to anyone whose memories are dissolving into the midnight darkness. They also matter to their caregivers. When I find the answer I'll pass it on.

Hope

I don't know but I'm hoping for chiselled in granite. It took a fair bit of work to become who and what I am. Wouldn't want to lose it all because of some missing memories.

Fear

I live in fear that my hope is wrong. That sooner or later the memory loss will reach the tipping point and what makes me, me will blow away one wind swept night.

Brian 

Comments

Popular Posts