It's time to get Fanatical

Can't guaranty that tai chi and meditation will make me live longer but it will make me live better. 

The Life And Times Of Brian Waddington

Can't guaranty that tai chi and meditation will make me live longer but it will make me live better.       The Life And Times Of Brian Waddington
The beauty is found within the Balance

Diabetes is a particularly nasty disease. Dementia, blindness, heat attacks, strokes, amputations and weight gain are but a few of the possible complications that can result from Diabetes.

As many of you will already know insulin is one way to contain Diabetes. Another equally important way is 'Lifestyle'. I take my pills but I have not bitten the bullet and got my life style under control.

Yet! 

But I have started.

White rice is eliminated. Eating with a hospital plate helps me to keep my portions in line. Homemade whole wheat multi grain bread, low in sugar but high in flavor helps me to not consume store bought bread with the added bonus of being high in fibre and thus an excellent hunger suppressant. Growing our own veggies and fish is another plus. What's been lacking is proper exercise.

Back in the day I was being a couch potato when a Jean-Claude Van Damme movie came on. Doesn't matter which one. What matters is that I compared my range of movement to his and found myself seriously wanting. The next day I went out and joined a Taoist Tai Chi Club. I never equalled Van Damme's range of movement but I sure improved mine. I even became a low level instructor.

I was still overweight but I was in good shape. Now I can't do what I did for the very simple reason that my sense of balance went west. I wouldn't get five moves into the set before I fell and broke something. Heck I'd fall over just trying to do the bow.

But I can modify parts of the set and remove others and end up with a good sitting tai chi set. Lots of stretching, cardiovascular and inner massaging once I get things working right. It's time to get fanatical.

Brian  


Comments

Popular Posts