Some Days You Just Want To Be Alone

 I used to be a lighthouse keeper and there are times I miss the solitude.

The Life and Times Of Brian Waddington


I used to be a lighthouse keeper and there are times I miss the solitude.      The Life and Times Of Brian Waddington

Some people are exceptionally comfortable in their own skins and enjoy being on their own. Others for whatever reasons are seriously uncomfortable unless they are constantly amused. Then there are people like me. We, for whatever reasons, crave with a passion our solitude. 

I don't think I'll bore you with my reasons but they are real enough for me. I love long empty roads. Secluded anchorages and channels where I'm the only boat. An empty sky to fly in. Or perhaps best of all, my own secluded island. 

This is not to say that I'm a hermit. I'm not. I just prefer to keep my social interactions down to a minimum. 

My soul mate, a good plumber, a great gardener/handy woman and my dog(s). Tis enough for me.

Brian

 

Comments

Popular Posts