Beware The Jokester

The Shot

Beware The Jokester
Rainy Day

 The  Thought

Myra informs me that I am much more of a wreck today than I think I am. Which explains why she suggested to me that I should be using my cane because it's very slippery in our yard. I had not been using it because it never crossed my mind that after a night of heavy rain our yard would be slippery.

She's right I am a wreck. However, wreck or not I put out a video. As it was raining, I shot it from the porch. All in all, it may be an interesting video or it may be a complete disaster, I leave that decision up to you.

In the video I talk about the jokester, the tempter, Name him or her what you will but it is the spirit that helps people go the wrong way, make the wrong choices, do the wrong things, perform the wrong actions. My belief is that the tempter, the jokester has gotten seriously involved in how we as humans are dealing with climate change. Instead of asking how do we fix it we're playing the blame game and it's just getting worse.

Europe is burning. Southeast Asia and the South Pacific are flooding. Some small island nations are already treading water at high tide. And all we can do is assign blame. The tempter, the jokester must be laughing. 

I returned to the Tamron 90 millimeter lens today for a very simple reason, it has better image quality. It's true I can't zoom in and out but what I aim at I get a better picture of. So, for now I'll stick to that. I've been looking at various camera gear (I have been allowing my greed to overcome my need). The good news is that I have found most of the camcorders that I can afford are only good for up to 60% humidity and then they start to fog over. That's not going to make it in the tropics.

I have also found some really nice bridge cameras. I started this journey on a Fujifilm S 4200 bridge. I hold a certain affection in my heart for the bridge camera. But the cost! A Sony bridge camera is close to $3000 Canadian by the time you get it through customs. As I deal in Canadian dollars that's an awful lot of money. If I buy anything it may be a good quality zoom lens. Tamron sells one for about $400.

 

I think that's gonna be about it for today folks I hope you have a good one and I hope to meet you tomorrow on my blog.   

Brian

Comments

Popular Posts