Concentrate On The Beauty That The Universe Contains

The  Shot

Concentrate On The Beauty That The Universe Contains

The Thought 

Today's post is all about finding beauty. The journey started one night when Myra and myself walked into the backyard and she asked me what that little puff of cotton in the sky was. I went in the house and came out with a pair of binoculars. I could see that it wasn't a cloud. Though I had no idea what it was.


I did research on the web and found that we had been looking at M42 in Orion. Seeing all of the beauty of the night sky I developed more and more of an urge to see more and more of the beauty. Naturally, we bought a small telescope. The small telescope led to a slightly bigger one. With the 8-inch Lightbridge I explored the incredible beauty of the universe for about three years. At that time the climate changed dramatically and we lost our beautifully clear skies. Overcast cloudy high moisture nights became the norm. It was no longer possible to see what I had been seeing.

Having an incredibly considerate wife she almost instantly took pity on me. She bought me a Fujifilm S 4200 bridge camera. I began to explore our garden with the same thrill and excitement that I had explored the universe with a telescope.

This went on for about a year at which point my camera was about worn out I had taken so many pictures and I had pushed it to its limits. We talked I ended up buying a more expensive camera, a Sony Alpha a 58. I think I call it an a 55 in the video. My mistake.

I began to explore more and more of the yard because I could see deeper and deeper into the corner's, nooks and crannies. After a while I realized that I wanted finer detail. I wanted to see more and more but I hadn't reached the limit of my camera.

I had reached the limit of my lens. I looked at the bank.If  I looked at the people that sold these things in the Philippines and I found, for a good price, a Tamron 90 millimeter macro lens. I am using the same lens today to get the still shot of the flower and the movie close up of the flower. I'm not using the same camera. The 58 went West. I now have a Sony Alpha a 68 which is an incredible camera.

The deal of course remains the same with this camera. I can only buy a new camera when I push to the limits of the camera that I'm using. I am nowhere near the ultimate potential of this camera. I am convinced that eventually I'll wear it out or it will break. But for the last how many years and for how many more years into the future I’ll stick with the 68.

I hope you enjoy the video. I talk about my journey into the beauty of the universe through both telescope and camera.


 

Brian

Comments

Popular Posts