Camera Nerd: Clear Zoom

Camera Nerd: Clear Zoom
Camera Nerd: Clear Zoom

 

There can be no doubt about it I am a camera nerd. Today's short video is an experiment in near macro video using the clear zoom outdoors. 

All in all, I think it was a success. My greatest problem was the little bit of breeze that kept taking the flower out of focus. On the plus side zooming in from 1x to 5X made no difference in the focus. It got a little soft when I moved up to 7x or 8X. But all in all, it worked well. 

The video does not give the image quality of a still shot but it gives a good quality that is pleasing to look at. I'm going to continue using the clear zoom on both still and videos. 

The still shot that graces the start of this post was also done using clear zoom. Perhaps more importantly it was done using JPEG with HDR Paint at low intensity. I enjoy how the image turned out. The added contrast and almost three-dimensional look pleases me. I hope it pleases you too. 

Brian

Comments

Popular Posts