Last Night Mating Turtles This Morning Bit By A Kingfisher

 Ain't life marvelous!

The Life and Times Of Brian Waddington 

Tutle upper pond.
A little privacy would be appreciated

Last night about 21:30 I wandered around our garden. At the upper pond I spotted mating Box Turtles. I'm 71 and that's a first for me. I didn't wish to disturb what could be a successful mating so I did not go back for my camera. 

This morning as I was watching YouTube there was a thump on one of our glass walls. M'Lady quickly got up and informed me that a bird had thumped into the glass and was lying stunned on our patio. Quick as I can, I was out the door to the rescue. Moving to the spot that had been pointed out to me I found a King Fisher. 

I reached down to gently pick him up and the ungrateful beast reached up and bit me between thumb and forefinger. He held on as I lifted upwards and snuck my other hand under him. Planting his claws, he bit me again and then flew off leaving behind myself with a sore hand, a laughing wife and a small toad he had been taking back to the nest. 

I didn't bite anybody
I didn't bite anybody.

Brian

Comments

Popular Posts