I Believe That Society Has The Responsibility To Speak Honestly Respectfully Fearlessly.

Found in my comments section:  Feel free to disagree. However, if either of my dear departed grandmothers would be shocked your comment will go directly into the bin.

My Blog My Rules

Found in my comments section:  Feel free to disagree. However, if either of my dear departed grandmothers would be shocked your comment will go directly into the bin.

 The more I age the easier I find it to see the common errors. 

Perhaps the most dangerous common error has become the emphasis in the west on freedoms over responsibilities.

Case in point: Most believe that freedom of speech means freedom to slander, lie and spread rumors. I don't. 

I believe that freedom of speech is the freedom to speak honestly,  respectfully and fearlessly.

One belief gives you Trump. 

The other gives you Maria Ressa.

I prefer, and the world needs, more Marias and fewer Trumps.


Brian

Comments

Popular Posts