As I Am An Aspiring Buddhist I Will Not Call This A Rant

 But back in the day I would have named it 'Rant'

Truth

Prajnaparamita means ‘The Perfection of Wisdom’ in Mahayana Buddhism.

Isn't it time For Christianity to reclaim the feminine side of Jesus? Compare Proverbs 8 with John 1. If I was a professor marking papers I would have failed John because he stole his description of Jesus from Proverbs 8. 

Next on my list of something I won't rant about. 

In Genesis 2: 19, G-d gives Adam the power to name things. That was a powerful right. Sometime around the 1970's the Indians in Canada started using that power.  Suddenly anyone that didn't have a Status Card was a 'Non Native'! They honored themselves and denigrated the rest of us. I have news for those who mis-used the power of naming: I'm not a non native. I'm a proud descendant of Scots, English, Irish and Spanish people. 

Rant number three. 

I'm not, and my people weren't, guilty of cultural genocide. The indigenous people of Canada committed cultural suicide the first time they lusted after the technology of the immigrants. They wanted and were sold better tools that turned their world upside down. That was the beginning of the end for their way of life. 

I once asked an elder what was the worst thing the whites brought to his people. The worst for him was electricity and gasoline engines. His culture had been built upon cooperation and interdependence. But electricity and gasoline engines brought independence and self sufficiency. The Old Ways were no longer important.

To tie things up.

It's past time to get real. Unless we all decide to humbly walk together as equals we will not be able to find the last off ramp from the Highway to Hell. 

Brian

Comments

Popular Posts