I Believe That There Is A Way Out Of The Darkness

 I believe because of my experiences.

The Life And Times Of Brian Waddington

I believe because of my experiences.   The Life And Times Of Brian Waddington


 The web is my library. I use it for entertainment, news and personal education. Of late I have had the misfortune to find and attempt to watch various debates between believers and believers in something else. They were all silly in the extreme with both sides trying to 'prove' what can only be accepted on faith.

So, I'll not be attempting to prove to you that what I believe is the one and only truth that will set you free. What I will do is explain what has worked for me.

Over the years I have lived the life of an alcoholic biker, a lighthouse keeper, a pastor in training in a small Indian village, a cab driver and to finish this not exhaustive list a good neighbor.

Native spirituality, Christianity, Buddhism and one or two other 'isms' have all played their part in my life. I've come to the conclusion that I can do no better than try to follow the words of Micah:

  He hath declared to thee, O man, what [is] good; Yea, what is Jehovah requiring of thee, Except -- to do judgment, and love kindness, And lowly to walk with thy God?

The above is from Young's Literal Translation. Here's the same ideal in modern English:

 He has told you, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you
But to do justice, to love kindness,
And to walk humbly with your God?

I believe that if Micah's teaching was taken seriously we would end up with a better world. 

Brian

Comments

Popular Posts