It's Been A Long Journey To Find My Roots

 This time round I was born in Vancouver Canada in 1951 which was a long way from home

The Life And Times Of Brian Waddington

 

The first time I felt like I was in the right place was when I got hired on as a Junior Lighthouse Keeper for Ivory Island on Canada's west coast. That feeling carried over to my time as a deck hand on the Thomas Crosby V and later as a pastor in training in a small Indian Village on the same west coast.

To make a long and oft times boring story at least much shorter it took me about forty years to discover that my spiritual and physical ancestry is 

  1. clan
  2. village
  3. spiritual
  4. monogamous 

As a physical white man married to a strong, intelligent woman with her own needs in the 21st century... I've found it best when conflicts arise between then and now, to live in harmony with M'Lady rather than with my physical and spiritual ancestors. 

So, we live on a sleeping volcano rather than the ocean. Our garden/temple is my wilderness. She can get in and out of the city where she works with a not too long commute. Though we have neighbors closer than I like we can't see them because of our living fences. In other words, with a little creativity, some dedication and a dollop of good fortune we both have what we need and we get to share it with the one we love. A good deal if ever there was one.

Now, I'm once again approaching life's end. So, I thought I'd use this blog and my remaining time to craft a tale that might be true and perhaps more importantly, might be  a good read.  

This is neither sudden nor new. I've been dancing around this idea for a while. Time to see if I can do it.

Brian

Comments

Popular Posts