Old School Wisdom Teaches That There Is Nothing New Under The Sun

Don’t confuse lack of use with not being useful. If we apply Old School Wisdom to state of the art modern versions of old problems we will find solutions

Experience

Don’t confuse lack of use with not being useful. If we apply Old School Wisdom to state of the art modern versions of old problems we will find solutions
My personification of Lady Wisdom: Gramma Hamilton

 Old School is a common enough modifier. You can play old school chess, ride old school choppers and bobbers, cook old school even make love old school.

So, how does ‘Old School’ modify wisdom? 

  1. it creates an expectation of ages past
  2. eliminates New Age dumbo jumbo
  3. points in the direction of classical wisdom literature
  4. takes us back to Lady Wisdom

It is impossible within one post to test my belief. So, why not come along for the ride? If I’m right about Old School we should be able to find some solutions for our state of the art hi tech world. If I’m wrong as I well may be, many people find my photography worth a look.

Brian

Comments

Popular Posts