Better Gear Worse Body

 Back in the day I had a decent camera and body. Fifteen years later I've got a better camera but a much worse body. 

Back in the day I had a decent camera and body. Fifteen years later I've got a better camera but a much worse body.
Then I could shoot without a tripod and get a decent result. Now it's a tripod, my scooter and a wireless shutter so my shaking hands don't mess up the shot. 

Which is not to say that I can't create a good image. But it is to say that today I don't shoot so many creepy crawlies. With my eyes they're hard to spot and with my scooter it's not so easy to get close to them. And if I can get close 9 times out of 10 I scare them off when I set up the tripod.

This fly on leaf image is a perfect example. I shot it hand held and free standing with a FujiFilm S4200. In my never humble opinion it's a pretty good image. Good detail and an interesting composition. 

I'm not going to get that shot today. Which means I'm glad I got it then.

Fact is that I'm finding most of my life has gone the same way as my photography: I'm doing the same things but in a different way with different and sometimes better results. 

Though now and again self pity creeps into my mind and I do find myself wishing it was still what it was. 

Brian 

Comments

Popular Posts