Some Things Never Go Away ~ Time To Quit Lying To Myself

"Far away and long ago I was trained up to the role of Lepled in a small Indian Village. I was given authority to  be the gateway between this world and the next. It was also my task to help the people find 'God Within'. I thought those days were past. I was wrong."

The Life And Times Of Brian Waddington

"Far away and long ago I was given the role of Lepled in a small Indian Village. I was given authority to  be the gateway between this world and the next. It was also my task to help the people find 'God Within'. I thought those days were past. I was wrong."

 Here's the problem: 

The village and the way of life I was brought into no longer exists.The village was small, maybe 600 people depending on the season. During the Oolichan run many went to Kemano. Salmon season and the fishermen were gone. Christmas and Big Name funerals the numbers swelled. 

My ministry was a walking ministry. Stopping to listen. Stopping in for coffee. Funerals, weddings, baptisms and the occasional rite of passages in the Feast Hall rounded out my calling.  

Both the village and I, have over the last 30 years, morphed into something new. The village is now jut another small town and I'm old and frail. 

So, how do I answer my calling? 

Is This The Solution?

To start things off something as simple as being nicer to M'Lady, our workers and our garden sounds like a good plan. There is also a need to bring this blog into line.

If I'm right and it's not just my ego playing games a small part of the world could well become a little bit nicer.
 
Brian

Comments

Popular Posts