Every Good Brings It's Own Evil

 Or, as a wise one once put it... every blessing is a two-edged sword.

The Life And Times Of Brian Waddington

Or, as a wise one once put it... every blessing is a two-edged sword. The Life And Times Of Brian Waddington

I've been incredibly lucky. Time and again I have found myself poised to enter a new path or to continue along the old. Usually, I chose the new.

There were times that the new path quickly turned into a bog, and I had to find a way back. Other times the path turned into a walk in the park. But every park has boundaries and sooner or later I'd find myself peering down a new path. 

After how many years I have come to the realization that whatever path I chose there was always the potential for good or evil. 

An even greater understanding was that even if I 'chose the good' evil would follow as surely as morning follows evening. 

Now before you begin to think of me as some new age idiot, please consider the following:

Every social movement that was created for the benefit of humanity eventually turned into an evil. 

The three great monotheistic faiths all began by following a God of Love. Combine them and they become the greatest war machine in human history.

Residential Schools in British Columbia, Canada started out as havens for young women and girls that were being sold into slavery.

Emancipation would save the world, it didn't but it eventually gave us many women warriors leading their countries into bloody wars.

Womens Lib was going to be the savior of humanity. It failed.

The greater understanding that I have come to is that even though evil will follow, living a life based on justice, mercy and humility is still the best choice.

Brian 

Comments

Popular Posts