Sitting At The Breakfast Table

 Our marriage is based upon love, honesty and the courage to honestly face the future.

Living with Multiple Sclerosis forces you to live in fantasyland or reality. Thirty years ago, M'Lady and I decided to live in reality.

 Living with Multiple Sclerosis forces you to live in fantasyland or reality. Thirty years ago, M'Lady and I decided to live in reality. 

This morning I asked her for some help. I have been having trouble naming my new reality and as the bible and traditional wisdom so wisely teach, naming is important.  

She came up with the answer: I am less functional than I have ever been. Not mobility challenged, not a cripple or an invalid, I'm simply less functional.

Tremors make photography a true challenge, as do my ever-changing eyes. Walking is not something I do much of anymore but I'm getting quite skilled with my wheelchair, rollator and scooter. Even my thinking has slowed down and fuzzed up.

I am definitely less functional.

Still and all, most days it's still a good life. Certainly, a better life than I deserve. A strong, powerful, loving and caring wife. A fine garden to wander through. Two loyal dogs. The only thing missing is a partridge in a pear tree. Though once we had a pigeon in a bush, but that's a story for another time.

Brian

Comments

Popular Posts