When I was young I had all the answers

 But now I begin to appreciate some of Paul's thinking. "For now we see through a glass, darkly..."

The Life And Times Of Brian Waddington

But now I begin to appreciate some of Paul's thinking. "For now we see through a glass, darkly..."  The Life And Times Of Brian Waddington

 Many of us, perhaps most of us go through a time in our lives when we "know all the answers." I know I did. Everything was simple. Right was right and wrong was wrong, bright colors and sharp edges!

Not so much anymore. Now there are a lot more grays and the edges are rarely sharp. How do you know when you have found the proper balance between justice, mercy and humility? Equally confusing: how do you know when the bead is perfectly baked? This comes to mind because the bread I baked this morning is just a tad underdone. 

Even Wisdom literature can't be taken at face value.

"Look before you leap. He who hesitates is lost.
If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Don’t beat your head against a stone wall.
Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Out of sight, out of mind.

Two heads are better than one. Too many cooks spoil the broth."

Do you see the problem? Do you see an answer? Perhaps, and I do mean perhaps, the answer is that the way to find the answer is to truly understand the question?

Brian

Comments

Popular Posts