Yes, I missed yesterday and here's why.

 Notice the chair I'm sitting in in the following bit of fine art.

If I took the same selfie today, you would see me sitting in a high back wheelchair. Why a high back wheelchair? Because my Multiple Sclerosis has progressed.

 It's a nice comfortable office chair. If I took the same selfie today, you would see me sitting in a high back wheelchair. Why a high back wheelchair? Because my Multiple Sclerosis has progressed. 

In my case this means that I tend to lose my balance, my eyes play games with me, I have serious cotton brain and incredibly low energy.

Take this morning as an example. While having breakfast with M'Lady I was trying to decide where I would put my energy: would I bake bread or get out my camera? When breakfast was over, I moved my easy chair from in front of the computer to where it sits during the day. By the time I had moved the chair five feet I knew the answer to my question. No baking of bread and no camera work. I'll be spending the day in front of the computer with maybe a very slow two cane walk in the garden.

Allow me to try to explain the relationship between energy and MS.

A regular person has 100 energy coupons per day with a backup of another 50. This is more than adequate to get through most days. During sleep they create new energy coupons so the next day they once again start with 100 and 50.

MS wipes out your reserve coupons. Which means throughout the day I have to decide what is worth an energy coupon and equally importantly, what isn't. This is not so hard if MS allows me to start the day with close to 100 coupons. But over time MS also attacks the main supply of energy coupons.

I'm now down to, on a regular day 10 to 20 coupons. On a bad day (yesterday was a bad day) 5 to 10. Bad days mean no baking, no camera and no blog.

Ever since I was offline for 3 weeks because of a nasty flu maybe pneumonia, I've been having more bad than passable days. Which means my blog is going to be intermittent unless I go into a totally unexpected remission.

Such is life.

Brian 

 

Comments

Popular Posts