Today They Buried One Of My Long Standing Pinoy Enemies

 It's my hope he has a better life next time.

The Life And Times Of Brian

It's my hope he has a better life next time.  The Life And Times Of Brian
May your next life be better

 If you are expecting a few platitudes about how deep down he was a fine man...you're out of luck.

He was a drunk, a bully, a coward and was involved with a gang that terrorized this community for a long time.

He and his compadres would get drunk, wait till it was dark and then come and threaten M'Lady and myself or some other people in the community. 

We were outsiders and he and his family had built beside our property which made us a most convenient target. Walking with stealthy silence so you can surprise your target along mountain forest trails on a moonless night is not so easy for a bunch of drunks.  

This went on for years. Eventually we worked things out. Sometimes M'lady's way, sometimes mine. 

It turns out that he and his buddies were excellent teachers. They taught me patience, they taught me that a Doberman is an excellent friend and protector and they taught me that peace, true no fear peace, requires people of good will on both sides. We could force him and the gang he hung with to leave us alone but we couldn't force them to live in peace with us. 

Force is never a good solution.

But if someone is going to live in fear I'd as soon have it the other guy or gal and not me and mine. 

If it's not possible to live in true peace, living with no fear of your neighbors is the next best way to live. 

  Brian

Comments

Popular Posts