Being Green Is More Than Boohooing The Flavor Of The Month

 Being Green is about living within the boundaries that show respect to our Mother and to each other

The Green Man 

Being Green is about living within the boundaries that show respect to our Mother and to each other  The Green Man
Fresh baked is the best.

 White flour because there's no wheat flour, rolled oats because they are better for the environment and my body than instant oats, coconut flour because it's native to the Philippines. Olive oil from Australia and salt from the Philippines. At least that is where I think things come from. I Know that our little glass convection oven comes from China and our electricity is geothermal.  

If I was in Canada I'd try to source my kitchen products from North America with an emphasis on the four seasons. We'd save a lot of pollution by not buying tropical fruit year round in the Great White North.

This afternoon my lunch came mostly from our garden and kitchen. Spinach, kancon and green onions from our garden mixed with spanish style canned tuna, canned pearl onions and fresh bread from the kitchen. 

Lunch could have been even more local but my diabetes does need more than white rice and pork.

This is not about being fanatical. It is about living justice, mercy and humility.

The Green Man

Comments

Popular Posts