Lady Wisdom Or Woman Folly ~ One Way Or Another We All Make The Choice

Considering the condition our condition is in (to borrow a lyric) it is apparent that I'm not the only one who has far too often chosen Woman Folly. (The Life And Times Of the Green Man)
Considering the condition our condition is in (to borrow a lyric) it is apparent that I'm not the only one who has far too often chosen Woman Folly. (The Life And Times Of the Green Man)
Choose!
My last post garnered the expected reaction; sounds nice but dream on. And, I agree! there is an almost 0% chance that the Vision expressed in my previous blog will ever come true. 

Others, far superior to myself have had the same vision. Krishna, Buddha, Ghandi, Micah, Jesus, Mohammed (may his name be blest) have all tried and failed to get a simple message to the Proles and their leaders and have invariably failed. 

Strange as this may sound this continuous failing doesn't inspire me to not try and ty again. Quite the contrary. So, here we go one more time once again:

The God's offer everyone the same choice. Choose Lady Wisdom and work with other people of good will to create a better world. Or, allow yourself to be seduced by Woman Folly and increase the already abundant evil found in our world.

Without a doubt there have been times in my life when I have found myself following Woman Folly. This I mention with the sole intent of pointing out the obvious, I am definitely neither a Buddha nor a Saint. Like most people I'm a little bit of this and some of that.

What you may ask, has changed my life in a way that makes me want to follow Lady Wisdom?  The hold that Micah 6:8 has on my thought process is what has changed my camp. 
 You have been told, O mortal, what is good, and what the Lord requires of you: Only to do justice and to love goodness, and to walk humbly with your God.

This verse certainly does not stop life's problems from beating upon my shores. But it does give me a three-point guide for deciding just how to deal with whatever problem or indeed good comes my way. To sit myself firmly in Lady Wisdom's camp whenever there's a choice to be made I ask myself the following questions:

  1. Does my solution create Justice?
  2. Does my solution lean towards Mercy rather than an eye for an eye?
  3. Does my solution smack of arrogance?
If I get the right answers to my three questions I can move forward with confidence. Not the deceitful confidence that says I have found The answer but rather the humble confidence that says I have found a good answer but that there might be a better one that someone else has discovered.

There you go, my simple, undoubtedly naïve answer to the world's problems. Now if I can just inspire others to think on Micah!

The Green Man   

Comments

Popular Posts