Oh? Really? Are You Absolutely Sure You Want to Do This?

 I agree with HHDL. There is no need to invoke 'Original Sin' as a reason for the world's present condition. Humans are just naturally inclined to evil and stupidity.

I agree with HHDL. Humans there is no need to invoke 'Original Sin' as a reason for the world's present condition. Humans are just naturally inclined to evil and stupidity.
Tell me all about it!
  •  People are more than willing to spend humungous amounts of money to kill but only dribs and drabs to change the conditions that created the violence. So far in just over one month Israel has spent 2 Billion Dollars (round numbers) in their attempt to wipe-out Hamas. Try as I have, I can't find an accounting of how much Israel has spent on trying to alleviate the conditions that created Hamas. 
  • The science is solid, the facts are plain, the horrors of climate change are already upon us and yet we continue to build our lives around fossil fuels and oil by-products. The only reason that I can find for this stupidity is the incredible profits that the Bosses are enjoying. 
  • I was born in Vancouver Canada in 1951 and spent most of my first 17 years in the Lower Mainland. Yes, there were gangs and there were turf wars. But I don't recall anyone using guns. Now, there is a constant reporting of gun murders and shoot-ups. I don't understand what triggered the new level of violence in what once was a law-abiding country known internationally as a polite and safe country.
  • Back in the day, freedoms were balanced by responsibilities. Now there seems to be an almost universal belief that freedom equates to lack of responsibility. An out of balance society is an evil society.
  • The world is richer than it has ever been. But this doesn't seem to make people happier and peaceful. Our greed always surpasses our possessions. This naturally leads to great evil.    
  • As I have often said, I'm just a good old boy. So, if someone can come up with a better reason for this mass evil and stupidity that is creating Hell On Earth other than a natural inclination for humans to follow the stupid and evil path, I'd sure like to hear from you in the comments section. 
The Green Man

Comments

Popular Posts