When I Was in Grade 3: I Was Reading, With My Librarian And Teachers Permissions, Books By Sir Winston Churchill And Books About The Holocaust

 Without a doubt that was an underlying reason that I became a social gospel Lepled (a cross cultural pastor/shaman trained by a native village) in a small native village on Canadas north-west coast.
Without a doubt that was an underlying reason that I became a social gospel Lepled in a small native village on Canadas north-west coast.
Never To Forget

My time in the village opened my eyes to many truths. It would not be an overstatement to say I was Radicalized or even Born Again. Part of the radicalization involved coming to an understanding that Canada was guilty of Genocide both physical and cultural. 

Once my early readings and my Born Again melded, I found myself needing to Never Forget that there were Genocides before the Holocaust. That there were Genocides after the Holocaust. And sadly, that there would be an infinite supply of future Genocides.

The ICJ has come to the conclusion that Israel may be committing Genocide in Gaza against the Palestinians. 

I believe (and please feel free to disagree) that Israel is committing Genocide in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank.
I have also come to the conclusion that every empire, nation, corporation and individual that is supporting the Israeli Genocide is also committing Genocidal actions against the Palestinians.   

My beliefs lead me to one very sad realization:
The world has never learned the lesson that the horror that befell the Jews in WW2 taught me. 

Instead, the world learned this lesson:

When it's in a good (for me, my corporation, my nation, my empire) cause both Ethnic Cleansing and Genocide are acceptable tools. 

It's time for the world to wake up, remember the nightmare and learn the proper lessons.

The Green Man

Comments

Popular Posts