So, After Listening To Cornel West I've Changed My Mind

For those that don't Cornel West is an old school civil rights activist who is running as an independent for the office of the President of the United States Empire (to borrow his terminology). I was watching his interview on 'The Bottom Line' when he made the following point (paraphrased):
A Laid-back Eureka moment

For those that don't know, Cornel West is an old school civil rights activist who is running as an independent for the office of the President of the United States Empire (to borrow his terminology). I was watching his interview on 'The Bottom Line' when he made the following point (paraphrased):

The two-state solution is dead. There can be only one state. One state that is neither Jewish nor Palestinian. A state where all people of all faiths and colors are able to live in freedom and security. A state that will truly be, a Holy Land.

 Cornel West is a couple of years younger than me. But he is light years ahead of me in his understanding of the world we inhabit. The more I ponder his opinions the more holes I find in mine.

My mother and grandmother didn't raise me to be a strong willed ignorant old man. So, I'm with Cornel West on this question. One state for all people, of all faiths, colors and genders living together in freedom and security. 

The Green Man 

PS ~ I have no idea what the new state's name might be but I'm hoping it won't include the word "Empire'. 

Comments

Popular Posts