I Find The World a Puzzling Place

Thankfully our garden/temple/refuge is a world where common sense and truth rules. 

If we want beans on the menu we prepare the soil, plant the seeds, tend the plants and with the help of the gods we'll be eating beans. This I understand. People come to my gate, lie about the reason and are amazed that when they try to convert me, they don't succeed. They don't seem to understand that I will never trust a liar. This I don't understand. It is simply not possible to prove God exists. This I understand. To believe in the unprovable requires a leap of faith. This I understand.  Faith becoming facts to bludgeon others into submission? this I don't understand.  To declare to the world that you prefer peace, this I understand. For the same people to be suppliers of weapons of war... this I don't understand. Perhaps it's just that I get confused easily?  The Green Man
Why would I believe a liar?

  •  If we want beans on the menu we prepare the soil, plant the seeds, tend the plants and with the help of the gods we'll be eating beans. This I understand.
  • People come to my gate, lie about the reason and are amazed that when they try to convert me, they don't succeed. They don't seem to understand that I will never trust a liar. This I don't understand.
  • It is simply not possible to prove God exists. This I understand.
  • To believe in the unprovable requires a leap of faith. This I understand. 
  • Faith becoming facts to bludgeon others into submission? this I don't understand. 
  • To declare to the world that you prefer peace, this I understand.
  • For the same people to be suppliers of weapons of war... this I don't understand.
Perhaps it's just that I get confused easily? 
The Green Man

Comments

Popular Posts