Breakfast

 September 19, 2024

Hi friends and family, goose egg and pepper cheese omelette, home baked artisan sourdough bread, coffee perked in a well seasoned percolator, my wife of 30+ years and our dogs... heck of a way to start the day.

September 19, 2024  Hi friends and family, goose egg and pepper cheese omelette, home baked artisan sourdough bread, coffee perked in a well seasoned percolator, my wife of 30+ years and our dogs... heck of a way to start the day.     Yes I've seen the news but what really mattered this morning was breakfast with my family. Mind now, just to be on the side of safety we did not bring our cell phones, iPads, or walkie-talkies to the table.  We are still cleaning up after the storm. Yesterday, M'Lady picked up a chainsaw. We were going to get one after Odette, but somehow, we never got around to it. Come Saturday, we'll be clearing up the yard big time.   As of now, the big question has become, will the clump of bamboo beside the house remain standing or will the roots slowly but surely lose their grip? It turns out that maintaining a yard is much like getting old: like it or not, some things are just going to happen.   I'm including two short videos. On to show the possibly falling bamboo the other so the uninitiated can see what the Mighty Durian actually looks like. On second thought, I'll combine them into one video.  The sharp-eyed and eared amongst you will notice a certain amount of shaking and slurring. Perhaps even more than in the past? I turn 73 in a few days, and the years have caught up with me. Shaking is the new normal. I'm not sure which are falling out faster, my hair or my teeth. But enough of my teeth are gone to truly enhance my slurring, and my MS has severely limited my ability to speak the right words. And trust me on this one, without spell and grammar checking apps, reading this would be nigh on impossible. So, without further filibuster, you'll find he video below my signature.  Brian
Breakfast

 Yes I've seen the news but what really mattered this morning was breakfast with my family. Mind now, just to be on the side of safety we did not bring our cell phones, iPads, or walkie-talkies to the table. 

We are still cleaning up after the storm. Yesterday, M'Lady picked up a chainsaw. We were going to get one after Odette, but somehow, we never got around to it. Come Saturday, we'll be clearing up the yard big time. 

As of now, the big question has become, will the clump of bamboo beside the house remain standing or will the roots slowly but surely lose their grip? It turns out that maintaining a yard is much like getting old: like it or not, some things are just going to happen. 

I'm including two short videos. One to show the possibly falling bamboo the other so the uninitiated can see what the Mighty Durian actually looks like. On second thought, I'll combine them into one video.

The sharp-eyed and eared amongst you will notice a certain amount of shaking and slurring. Perhaps even more than in the past? I turn 73 in a few days, and the years have caught up with me. 

Shaking is the new normal. I'm not sure which is falling out faster, my hair or my teeth. But enough of my teeth are gone to truly enhance my slurring. MS has severely limited my ability to speak the right words. 

Trust me on this one, my fingers don't work so well either. Without spell and grammar checking apps, reading this would be nigh on impossible. So, without further filibuster, you'll find the video below my signature.

Brian




Comments