The Buddha's Path To Wisdom ~ Self Control

 "By oneself is evil done; by oneself is one defiled. By oneself is evil left undone; by oneself is one made pure. Purity and impurity depended on oneself; no one can purify another"

The Buddha's Path To Wisdom

.

Purity

I have been a glutton. In the last year I've put on fifty pounds. I did that by not shutting my mouth at the appropriate time. Not once not twice not even thrice but 24/7/365.

I have not been in the least little bit a righteous person. 

I could blame my neighbours, my wife, the devil. But the truth is, I'm to blame.

I chose the wrong actions. Thought the wrong thoughts. Had improper and I dare say stupid desires.

Yesterday I chose different actions. Thought right thoughts. Desired proper and smarter desires.

I'll try to do the same today. Wish me luck or offer a prayer.

Brian 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts